Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I listen to sirius xm with an Ipod classic?

I was wondering if I can listen to satelite radio such as Sirius XM with the Ipod touch? I wanted to plug it into my ihome and listen to satelite radio. If so can an old version such as the 4 generation Ipod touch work?

iPod touch

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 10:17 AM

2 replies

Aug 24, 2015 11:40 AM in response to elisafrombohemia

If you are already a Sirius subscriber and you purchased an all access subscription, then you can stream Sirius radio using the Sirius app from the iOS App Store, provided that your 4th generation iPod Touch can use the Sirius app.

Also, the you need to check what iDevice models and what iOS version is required to use the Sirius Radio app for the iOS from the iOS App Store.

The current Sirius Radio app needs an iDevice that has, at least, iOS 6.1 or greater to use the app.

IF you do not currently pay for an all access subscription to Sirius radio, you would need to change your current subscription and subscription fee/payment to all access by accessing your account info on the Sirius XM website.

Good Luck!

Aug 24, 2015 12:45 PM in response to MichelPM

u may have to do this to get a compatible version of the app (if it exists)

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

can I listen to sirius xm with an Ipod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.