Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the original owner delete a podcast?

The previous owner of our podcast originally submitted it to iTunes using their Apple ID. I am the current owner (this is set in the RSS feed for owner and email,) but I'm wondering if the original owner can still go into iTunes and select Report a Concern > Remove a Podcast. Is there a confirmation email sent out when that request is made (that would now go to my email address)? Asking because I'm wondering if I need to go through the bother of re-submitting the podcast to iTunes with my Apple ID or if being the listed owner in the RSS feed is good enough.

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 12:16 PM

5 replies

Aug 24, 2015 11:33 PM in response to podcastsubscribergreg

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one as i've never had to delete a podcast. Possibly Rob Walch who posts here sometimes may know as he works for Libsyn. You could try asking Support: go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Other' and proceed from there. Make it clear that you don't want the podcast removed.

Aug 24, 2015 11:48 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

If you are the current owner of the podcast - in that you control the RSS feed - then if anything did happen where the show was removed - you could contact Apple and ask for it to be reactivated. What is important is in the RSS feed - if you are with libsyn - go to Destinations - and then edit for the libsyn classic feed - and put in your name and email under iTunes name and email. NEXT and this is important - go to your show in itunes - and right click on your image and get your iTunes store show URL - in that number there is an ID number - get that number and keep it safe.

Then if for some reason the original owner ever requested the show be removed - you can go back to Apple and dispute it and get it reactivated.

That said - I don't know if I ever heard of something like that happening where someone gave over control of a show and then requested it be removed.

Do you have some reason to believe that is what the original owner is going to do?

Rob W

libsyn

Can the original owner delete a podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.