Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPad turned back on after the lastest download?

I just updated my iPad and now it will not turn on. How do I fix this?

iPad, iOS 8.4.1, It didn't work

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 11:59 AM

11 replies

Aug 24, 2015 12:01 PM in response to stng55yahoo.com

Put your iPad into recovery mode and connect it to iTunes. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once connected to iTunes, you will be able to restore your iPad to factory settings and then get your apps & files back from your last backup (either iCloud or iTunes).

If that doesn't work, let us know 🙂

Aug 24, 2015 2:29 PM in response to stng55yahoo.com

I'm logging off for the day now, but in anticipation of your reply...

If you can't connect to iTunes in recovery mode, try putting your device into DFU mode...

First: Put the device into DFU mode.

DFU MODE STEPS

1. Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
  2. Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
  3. Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
  4. Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

Second: Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you can manually restore using the following steps.IOS Restore StepsBefore restoring:

Restoring your iOS device

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
  3. Click Restore.
  4. After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
  5. If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.

I'll be back online in the morning to see how you got on! 🙂

Aug 24, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Charity17

Error 2005 points to USB issue. Try a different USB port (stop using any dongles or hubs - connect directly to your computer) & a different cable (if you have one). If that doesn't work...

I had a very similar issue recently with a friend's iPad Mini. I restarted it for an update and it didn't turn on again. Turns out it was a hardware issue which was only discovered by doing this update. I too, was getting vague error messages and numbers like you. Long story short, Apple replaced it as it was under the '6 year EU law' we have here in the UK. If you're elsewhere in the world, I believe you'll need Apple Care - or Apple may replace them if you've got a faulty unit. Book a Genius appointment at your local Apple Store.

(if you don't have a spare cable, then borrow a friend's or head to the Apple Store)

How do I get my iPad turned back on after the lastest download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.