Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to include a virtual "ney" (an eastern flute-like instrument) in my next GarageBand composition?

Is there a way to include a virtual "ney" (an eastern flute-like instrument) in my next GarageBand composition?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 12:58 PM

3 replies

Aug 25, 2015 10:07 AM in response to EdgarRothermich

Edgar - thanks very much for your response.

In fact, I have learned that a company called "Sonokinetic" makes a virtual ney player, exactly the kind I am looking for. It costs about $65, which is the upper end of what I would be willing to pay.

I contacted the company "Sonokinetic", and was informed that this virtual ney player does not work with GarageBand. It does work with Kontakt, the software you recommended. However, it only works with the full version of Kontakt, which costs $400. This is out of my price range.

Do you have any additional thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.