Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE HELP. Photos tab missing in iTunes.

hi, i recently got an iphone 6+, my itunes is the latest version and my software is up to date. i cant find the photos tab anywhere on itunes. this is what it looks likeUser uploaded filei have done literally everything and looked through all discussions here and nothing is solving my problem. ive tried uninstalling then reinstalling itunes and it didnt work. please help :c

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 1:07 PM

4 replies

Aug 25, 2015 1:30 PM in response to kim y.a

Hi there kim y.a,

It sounds like you are looking for the photos tab when you have your iPhone connected so you can sync photos from your computer to your device. In your screenshot you on the left side under Settings, I can see photos listed there:

Summary

Apps

Music

Movies

TV Shows

PHOTOS

Info

That is where you go to select photos to sync. If you are trying to import photos to your iPhone to your computer, then you would accomplish that in a different way:

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Aug 30, 2015 1:56 PM in response to kim y.a

Thank you for the update! The screenshot told me everything I needed to know. iCloud Photo library is enabled, so for that reason you cannot sync photos locally. To upload photos to your library on a PC, you can use these steps to upload them to www.icloud.com so they get to your devices via the Cloud:

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library

OS X Mavericks and earlier or Windows

You can upload JPEG photos using the Photos app on iCloud.com:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with the same Apple ID you use for iCloud Photo Library.
  2. Click iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Click Upload.
  4. Select the photos you want to upload.
  5. Click OK.

PLEASE HELP. Photos tab missing in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.