Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've deleted several events, but they are still visible in Finder

I've deleted several events in iMovie and emptied the Trash, but they are still visible in Finder. I am trying to free up space on my HD. Any ideas how to actually delete these files without going into the Finder window and deleting them? TIA.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 2:49 PM

Deleted items in iMovie 10 don't go to the trash and are deleted only when iMovie is quit.

If you updated events from iMovie 9 you will need to delete the events from the events folder as well since iMovie 9 and 10 share the same copy of original media using hard links.

An alternative to deleting events is to move them into a different library and to archive that library on an off-line volume (eg. memory stick). That way you still have the possibility to re-load your event should you decide after all to do some more work with it.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Dutchboy777

Deleted items in iMovie 10 don't go to the trash and are deleted only when iMovie is quit.

If you updated events from iMovie 9 you will need to delete the events from the events folder as well since iMovie 9 and 10 share the same copy of original media using hard links.

An alternative to deleting events is to move them into a different library and to archive that library on an off-line volume (eg. memory stick). That way you still have the possibility to re-load your event should you decide after all to do some more work with it.

Geoff.

I've deleted several events, but they are still visible in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.