Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod is saying it is full

My ipod which is 16 gb is saying it is full even though its only got a few hundred songs on it. Ive looked on boards on here and understand how to convert the songs on my iTunes to the AAC version however when it makes a new version of the song it does it directly underneath so I can't tell which version is which! I never had this problem with my old ipod either and that was with the same songs so I'm a little confused.

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 2:05 PM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2015 2:42 PM in response to _alf

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To check format of a song right click on the song in your iTunes library and select Get Info and go to the File tab

Ipod is saying it is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.