Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Isight Camera Green Light Is On, But Not Recognized

Hi,

I have an old external Isight Camera circa 2003 or 2004. It came with my older Mac with Os Tiger. I barely used it. However, now I plan to use it. I now am using OS Lion on an Imac 21.5 inch OS Lion. Initially it was working in OS Lion, but now the green light stays on and it is not recognized by my Mac. It doesn't show up in system report as a firewire device and none of my software can acknowledge it. I bought a new firewire cable and zapped the pram. I did everything I could to make my Mac clean and efficient with software, but nothing works. I unplugged everything and plugged everything back one by one and even the power cord to.

If it wasn't for the consistent green light I would just say it's old and probably to costly to fix, but I'm thinking software over hardware might be the issue? Any thoughts or ideas? I would really appreciate any link or idea that could help.

Thank you in advance,

Frank

Imac Core Duo 21.5 inch 2011-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 3:24 PM

There are no replies.

External Isight Camera Green Light Is On, But Not Recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.