Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text about unauthorized iBook purchase and requesting bank information to cancel

My question is, has my iTunes account been compromised or hacked due to the following information I am providing???

On 08/23 I received a text to my iPhone saying "Apple./Account will be blocked.! Click for more details: game-chef.com/applesecuroityservice2.html" Unsure of what this was, I did click and it took me to another page where it said that my Apple ID was used to download iBook from the Apple Store on a computer or device that had not been previously associated with that Apple ID. It gave me the Order number and amount of purchase. It instructed me to go follow the attached link if I wanted to cancel the order if I did not initiate the purchase. I followed the link, entered my Apply ID and it prompted me to enter my bank information to receive my refund. I started to become suspicious when it asked for my 3 digit CSC (?) number and PIN and to enter PIN again for verification. I just looked on my iTunes account and no such purchase has been made. The text originated from security._applestoreusaaccounts@tanf.com

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, question about iTunes account

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 5:48 PM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 5:48 PM in response to janetfromclarksville

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

text about unauthorized iBook purchase and requesting bank information to cancel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.