Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why the blank in the link?

How do I get rid of this blank in the link? I pasted the link in the html editor. between <p> and </p>. This used to be enough to not have Apple software mess with the link.

What html should I use not to have apple software mess with the link?

stranger still. I copied and pasted the link into a firefox page. The space appeared. I typed left cursor twice. The space disappeared! When I pressed return, the link worked! I cannot reliably repeat this 😠.

ChitlinsCC,

posted this hint which I do not understand.

User uploaded file

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Fall 2014

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 3:53 PM

6 replies

Aug 24, 2015 4:20 PM in response to rccharles

I didn't say it was a necessary feature, just that I think that is the logic behind it. Other places where TinyMCE is used might be designed with narrower windows. There could even be a setting which the powers that be have overlooked.

Anyway, here is a test string that started with no spaces in it. Let's see what happens to it.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzab cdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcd efghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdef ghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

See how it wraps in a narrower column than the text area. Looks like a space is introduced after 80 non-space characters.

tt2

Aug 24, 2015 5:07 PM in response to turingtest2

Ooops! you did it again!

User uploaded file

Oddly enough, when one copy/pastes into a Rich Text external editor like TexEdit, the space still exists - cosmetically

User uploaded file

But the link is still HOT - working perfectly when chosen - switches to browser and loads Robert's page!

the bottom line is the same original copy - pasted into a search box - then recopied - pasted again - then loses any hidden HTML attribute that it once had

magical

Why the blank in the link?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.