Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes does not show nor sync all my books

With the 10.10.5 Yosemite update a strange bug hit my iTunes-iBook. My library library in iBook does not show up completely in iTunes, a substantial number of books are missing and have been deleted from my iPad and it's no longer possible to sync them back. There are some reports on the web but no reports of solutions. Can any one help.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 16 GB

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 6:10 PM

Can you provide some more information about what you mean when you indicate that an update to your Mac had an effect on your iPad? Also, can you clarify what "reports" you are referring to?

Have you checked your iBooks app to make sure that you do not have "Hide iCloud Books" checked? Which view are these missing books in?

Best of luck,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2015 6:10 PM in response to M Ashamalla

Can you provide some more information about what you mean when you indicate that an update to your Mac had an effect on your iPad? Also, can you clarify what "reports" you are referring to?

Have you checked your iBooks app to make sure that you do not have "Hide iCloud Books" checked? Which view are these missing books in?

Best of luck,

GB

Aug 27, 2015 2:08 PM in response to gail from maine

Yes, some of my ibooks are synced fine, about ⅔ show under the Audiobooks section of iTunes although they are all epubs. That bug was introduced in iTunes 12.2.2 which was installed concurrent to the 10.10.5 upgrade. If one clicks on "get info" for these epubs, they go to their normal location under "Books." You would think that fixes the problem. Alas, no that is a temporary fix, they all revert back to the "Audiobooks" section once iTunes is restarted. There are couple of threads in the "communities" but so far no acknowledgment from Apple and the issue hasn't hit any of the Apple-news sites such as insider, 9-5 et. Thanks for your interest.

Apr 14, 2016 6:30 PM in response to M Ashamalla

I am having the same problem! Not all of my books are ePubs from iBooks, so I thought perhaps this was some proprietary new arrangement which Apple has applied to the newest update. However, it is effecting more individuals. Yes, I have gone through each device linked to my Apple ID and made certain the iBooks sync over all devices is clicked on, I have gone through each device and synced; I have applied everything I can thin of and have found; yet, there is no solution. I have even toggled each devices sync option off and then on again, restarted the device and MacBook. My iBooks shows that ALL my books are backed up, it shows that my books purchased through iBooks are in iCloud (per the iCloud symbol beside each of the iBook purchases) and I have done everything up to this point. I am in need of simple help.

iTunes does not show nor sync all my books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.