Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID scratches

So I know this may sound a bit silly, but I just bought the new iPhone 6 plus. I am as OCD as it gets about my phone and want to keep it in perfect condition with cases and screen protectors and such. Especially when paying $950. I've only had the phone for a week and had to replace it once already because the first phone came straight out of the box with a scratch and a small dent. Now after only a few days, my Touch ID is scratched. It's odd because I can only see the scratches when there are oils on the sensor. When I clean it with a rag they go away but then if I get it dirty again the same scratches appear in the same spot. I know every phone gets minor wear and tear and I shouldn't be pulling hair out over this but it just plain ****** me off. I am sooooooo careful with my device and the "Safire" crystal shouldn't be scratched after a few days. Does anyone else notice minor scratches on their sensors? With or without dirt? Thank you!!

Posted on Aug 24, 2015 10:55 PM

1 reply

Touch ID scratches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.