Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I enter a new appointment, moments later the title reverts to "new event."

When entering a new event onto iCal, at least 50% of the time I will save the event (for example "hair appointment") which appears on the calendar--and then moments later, in front of my eyes, the title reverts to "new event" and the time changes from whatever time I had entered back to "9 AM to 10 AM" Am I doing something wrong? I share a calendar with my husband, and have color coding for all of our family members. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 7:17 AM

Mom,

Unfortunately, your experience has been a common problem for many users.

One of my recommendations is to experiment with changing the "Refresh Calendar:" interval in Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>"Account Information" pane. Mine works fine with "Push." If you are not continuously connected to the internet, try a longer interval or Manual.

Perhaps you may want to let Apple know about your problem using Feedback.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2015 7:17 AM in response to abbysmom

Mom,

Unfortunately, your experience has been a common problem for many users.

One of my recommendations is to experiment with changing the "Refresh Calendar:" interval in Calendar>Preferences...>Accounts>"Account Information" pane. Mine works fine with "Push." If you are not continuously connected to the internet, try a longer interval or Manual.

Perhaps you may want to let Apple know about your problem using Feedback.

User uploaded file

When I enter a new appointment, moments later the title reverts to "new event."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.