Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad Mini stops when playing an album over airplay to Apple TV after 1 or 2 tracks - even if the album is downloaded to the ipad device. Why?

My iPad mini stops when playing an album that is downloaded (synch from Computer, original source of album can be a CD) - when playing via Airplay to Apple TV over an Apple wireless network. This happens frequently and on different albums / tracks.

Is it settings in iTunes (My Music)? or could it be caused by a minor interruption or buffering on the wireless network?

If I Airplay from Apple Music on the same device, it works fine.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:26 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2015 7:34 AM in response to Chris_farnhamcommon

Hello Chris_farnhamcommon,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the connection is interrupted when using AirPlay from and iOS device to the Apple TV. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your playback is interrupted, or you have network lag

You might notice these issues if you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a different device, like a microwave or baby monitor. Try these steps:

1. Make sure that you're using the recommended settings for your Wi-Fi router.
  2. Move or turn off other devices that might cause interference.
  3. Try connecting your Apple TV directly to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.

Some apps might stop AirPlay when you lock your device or put your device to sleep.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

ipad Mini stops when playing an album over airplay to Apple TV after 1 or 2 tracks - even if the album is downloaded to the ipad device. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.