Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of rewardclaiming…, which has frozen safari on my computer?

How do I get rid of rewardclaiming…, which has frozen Safari on my MacBook Air? It claims I may have malware and asks to call them.

Several forced restarts did not get rid of this issue.

<Edited by host>

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), null

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 4:11 AM

Force quit Safari, then restart Safari while holding the shift key.

9 replies

Aug 27, 2015 8:11 PM in response to stedman1

You should know that you have saved a medium-tech 82 year old woman with that very frozen computer problem from grief, panic, and a trip to the Genius Bar. Whoever you are, I thank you and generally bless you for a very good deed. It worked!!! after I spent hours trying this and that with no success. After I read your suggestion, it was fixed in three seconds. Imagine also how mortified I would have been if the Geniuses had fixed it for me in the same three seconds.

Aug 30, 2015 3:35 PM in response to stedman1

OMG. I have this same question. But nothing is helping me. This is driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE..!!

I'm not at all good at this: I've clicked on the Apple Icon, then Force Quit, it brings up Safari and Finder, I then highlite Safari and Force Quit, but when I highlite Finder, it shows Relaunch, but nothing happens after that. If I clic on Relaunch, it asks me if I want to force Finder to quit - but I only get 2 options: Cancel or Relaunch. If I clic on Relaunch - it just brings me right back the same thing over & over again. What should I do???

Aug 30, 2015 5:13 PM in response to FedUpWithHackersGranny

You can start by installing Adblock Plus, which will go a long way to keeping crappy website ads and pop-ups from surreptitiously putting adware on your computer. Next, you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, which is great at detecting adware already on your system and then nuking it. Unless you specifically know what adware infected your system, looking for it in your hard drive to delete manually will be tough, and that handy little program takes care of it for you.

How do I get rid of rewardclaiming…, which has frozen safari on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.