Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When my iPod Nano is connected to power it just reboots on a cycle until it runs out of power.

My iPod Nano 7th gen is broken:

- when it has power it only reboots

- the only ways this cycle is stopped is by connecting it to my pc or it runs out of power

- when it is connected to iTunes - iTunes says "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again. If the problem persists, uninstall iTunes and reinstall again."

I have tried those and I have restored it but that did nothing.

The details of the iPod are below

- 7th gen

- model: A1446

and my pc is windows 10 itunes is 12.2.1.16 64-bit

Does anyone know the answer - pls help.

Thanks

iPod nano

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 3:11 AM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2015 7:07 AM in response to mario49

Hi mario49,

I don' think that the main problem with my iPod is that it cannot connect to iTunes.

I can't really solve this problem until my iPod is kicked out of its reboot cycle. It turns on, then screen is on the apple logo startup screen, then it flashes and reboots to do this again. Do you know how to do this? I don't really want to re-install iTunes as my library is local to my pc and I don't want to have to import it again. I have restarted my pc, restarted iTunes, restored the iPod, the cable is the default one, my pc is Windows 10 latest updates, my iOS device doesn't need to trust my computer (this option didn't come up even when it was working), apple mobile device support is installed and I have the latest iTunes.

I haven't misused the iPod in any way that I can think of - could it perhaps be if a sync cycle is interrupted. It is completely unsuble.

Thanks for the help

When my iPod Nano is connected to power it just reboots on a cycle until it runs out of power.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.