Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to ios 8.4 turned my ipod touch into a paperweight. The music app is a joke.....

i updated my ipod touch 5 to ios 8.4 and lost all the music that had been on it..had to recreate playlists etc and am now stuck with this new and virtually destroyed music app...................anyone know how i can revert back to ios 8.1.2???

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 7:11 AM

Downgrading the iOS is not supported by Apple. Apple stops signing the previous version abut 24-48 hours after a new version is released.

What problems are you now having?

3 replies

Aug 25, 2015 6:59 PM in response to lllaass

Lost all my music, had to recreate all my playlists and i am now stuck with this cumbersome new Music app..............why on earth the pushed Apple Music into the music player app is beyond me..................i guess i am stuck with it, at least for now. i have found sites that suggest a previous ios version can be installed but not from the apple site

Updating to ios 8.4 turned my ipod touch into a paperweight. The music app is a joke.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.