Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove tradeadexchange virus from iPad mini?

My iPad mini is infected with tradeadexchange virus. This virus forcibly redirects every url that I type in browser or search results.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 6:52 AM

It is not a virus.

Double tap the Home button, then swipe upwards on the Safari preview.

Go to Settings - Safari - Clear History.

Restart Safari.

31 replies

Aug 25, 2015 7:43 AM in response to stedman1

Thanks Stedman1, but sorry! The problem continues. I cleared history. restarted Safari. Then I typed www.berkeley.edu. The website loaded for a second and then immediately url changed to ad-type.google.com, then to goo.gl and then tradeadexchange.com, then wooga something and it showed me a snapdeal download offer. It happened with all sites.I reloaded Safari. This time, url changed to some mobile apps,. Immediately, ios security began scanning and gave me a warning tha virus has been found on your ips device. lease proceed to App Store. When I continued, urls changed rapidly and I was shown some Onavo App for downloading.

Aug 28, 2015 7:18 PM in response to SameerZ

OK...

It's been infected by Adware... keeps taking you to annoying windows...
I looked up how to remove.

Best I found:

VIRUS / AddWare. 8/28/15

*Go To Add Ons > Recent Updates > I found HTTPS-Everywhere 5.1.1 (I Never Added) > Removed > Restart Browser.

*NOW (on re-open) Get msg: http://safedownloadsrus146.com/lp/1723/285/free/hdplayer "HF VideoPlayer is out of date - "Update"? - NO!!

*Clear Browser History Again > Restart.

*Deleted Firefox (or Safari - if that is what you use), Reinstalled.

I found a Reputable FREE Mac anti-virus anti-addware app/program AVIRA:https://www.avira.com
It also works for Apple iOS.
I am just loading it now.

Aug 28, 2015 7:32 PM in response to Cindy Pawelski

Hey follks, if your iPads have not been jailbroken you cannot get a virus and you also cannot download any apps from anywhere except the Apple App Store. If your devices have been jailbroken no one can help you here.

If they have not, do as Deggie suggested but instead of just restarting do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15 secs until the Apple logo comes on.

Sep 5, 2015 5:06 AM in response to SameerZ

Safari cannot be removed and reinstalled as other downloaded apps. It is a native app in the iOS. You can do a the following to reset it:

Close Safari completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Safari preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Safari pane by swiping side to side as there may be other panes there from other apps. Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Or you can do a complete Restore as per the instructions below. This will install a fresh, clean copy of Safari but takes time to accomplish (took me 55 minutes this past weekend): Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Sep 5, 2015 5:10 AM in response to elcpu

Thank you!

I tried to remove Safari, then realized that it cannot be completely removed. I shall do this forced restart. If still, that malware remains, then I shall restore it to factory settings, after copying hotos and other documents. Will iCloud data be affected after restoring?

Regards,

Sameer

Sep 5, 2015 5:36 AM in response to SameerZ

Hi Sameer, you are very welcome. I suspect that the Forced Restart may do it. If you have to proceed to a full Restore, iCloud data should not be affected at all. Keep in mind however that if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled AND you delete photos manually from your iPad, it will affect those on iCloud. Also if you have iCloud set to do auto-backups and a backup occurs after your Restore, iCloud will now contain the new iPad contents (probably good as it would be backing up the fresh version).

elcpu

Jan 18, 2016 2:39 AM in response to SameerZ

Hi Sameer,

I have tried all of this and did not work. I goggled and found this could be due router / modem being infected.

This worked for me. Here is what i did:

1) Hard Reset my Wifi Router

2) Changed its password.

3) I cleaned the Safari browser cache as explained above on my device (iphone / ipad)

4) Forced restart the device.

5) Repeated the same for all by other devices ( issue with connected world / connected devices 😉).

6) I had some android devices as well using the same router . Did the same for each device

Let me know if the above solved ur issue.

Regards,

Robin

Jan 26, 2016 10:01 AM in response to robinrodrigues

Dear all,

i also have a problem with tradeadexchange.com redirect virus on my iPad mini. The problem started on Jan 1, 2016. I use 2 iPad mini devices ( which have same Apple ID) and samsung smartphone. All devices are used only at home via our wifi. When I am using safari or google chrome and look for any information, when I press any link - the required site gets loaded for a second and then I am getting redirected to App Store (while redirection in process I see in the site address line this site name - tradeadexchange.com). In addition to that redirection problem I get a dialog window from goappdomain-11 that suggests that I need to download an update for my iPad. I have not downloaded anything. I have tried everything which was suggested in the answers to this original post. But nothing helped. I did everything which was suggested by robinrodrigues, but it have not solved the problem. We gave our wifi modem to IT service, they cleaned it and changed name and password for our wifi. We cleaned all website history data and cookies and forced restarted iPads (we followed all instructions as was described here above) BUT the problem is not solved. Please help!!! Does anyone at Apple knows a solution for this very annoying problem?

Looking forward to your comments with a hope for a solution! Thank you

How do I remove tradeadexchange virus from iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.