Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP retina 2014 Yosemite Black Screen

Good day!

Id like to ask about any solution to a black screen / not booting macbook pro

The last time it worked, I opened up it up, saw my login screen, plugged in my iphone,

then closed it again.

The next time I opened it, the screen stayed black.

I tried rebooting it by holding down the power button. I turned it on again, and after I heard

the bootup sound, it was still showing a black screen.

I tried the shft+contrl+option+power button to turn it off

and command+option+p+r when I tried booting it again. After the second sound it still didnt work.

Even safe mode doesnt work.

I plugged in an hdmi cable and saw the apple logo on the tv when turning it on again.

The bar started loading but stopped and the apple logo disappeared and was stuck around quarter

on the bar.

I tried booting it up on safe mode and the other screen works but the built in screen doesnt.

Is my screen busted or something?

Im updating it now to see if anything changes.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 7:25 AM

4 replies

Aug 26, 2015 2:00 PM in response to iwannapassalgebra

Try a restart.

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

If it still won't work.

If you live near an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have the computer tested. Supposedly there is no charge for testing. Use 2nd link if not near an Apple Store or aren’t in the US. Hardware Repair - Keeping Confidential Data Safe

Genius Bar Reservation US

Authorized Service Provider

MBP retina 2014 Yosemite Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.