Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Internet on iPad where theres no WIFI and poor 3G/4G connection

Hello

You'll have to bear with me on this one but here's my problem.

I have an iPad which I use for work but the area I'm currently staying in has no WIFI and very poor 3G/4G signal. I really need a good connection to the internet as part of my job but I'm unsure if theres a way to achieve this? I have been looking into MIFI but unsure if this will work in the area I'm on or on an iPad and also if theres a specific type I would need to get to be compatible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

iPad, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:16 AM

MiFi works over cellular network. If the MiFi cellular data provider is the same, you will get poor signal, just like the iPad. Find out if there are other cellular providers (in that area) with stronger signal. That's your possible solution.

6 replies

Aug 25, 2015 9:23 AM in response to tom061080

If there's poor 4G/LTe reception for the iPad, the same will apply to the Mifi device from the same carrier. i.e They use the same cellular service/reception as the iPad. You may try to get a Mifi device from a different carrier if they have better service / reception in the area though.

Unfortunately, if there's no Wifi, and poor 4G/LTE reception, there's very little else that can be done. These are the 2 ways to get internet on an iPad. There's no magical 3rd way.

Your only other option is to talk with someone where you are staying and inquire about adding a wifi router. Assuming they have internet access of any kind in place.

Getting Internet on iPad where theres no WIFI and poor 3G/4G connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.