Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No AirPrint printers found

I Cannot AirPrint to a Brother HLL-2380DW until I cycle power on the printer.

Then AirPrint works for approximately five minutes. Then it is cycle power time.

same symptoms on iPhone. Can ping printer or communicate with browser and print wirelessly thru XP or Win7 with no problems.

since it is possible to communicate with the printer, Brother emphatically states that this is an Apple problem.

Help, I do not have much hair left.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:30 AM

8 replies

Aug 25, 2015 9:37 AM in response to DDG21

It is not necessarily an Apple problem.

If you can't print to your AirPrint printer

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your device is using the latest version of iOS available and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and apps you've purchased from the Mac App Store.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • You can connect an AirPrint device to your network either through bridging, or a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
  • AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule don't use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your Base Station to print wirelessly.
  • After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before trying to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering up before joining your network.

Aug 25, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Ethan7988

Have performed all of the above multiple times. With no help.

when no AirPrint printers are found, it is possible to communicate with the printer thru browser and print wirelessly via XP or WIN7.

at that point Brother states that it is an AirPrint problem.

Ccycling printer power allows printing for an indeterminate time.

Any further ideas?

Aug 25, 2015 10:14 AM in response to DDG21

Make sure both the iPad and the iPhone aren't automatically switching to the printer's network. Some printer's will provide another network. Do not connect to that one. If your iPad and/or iPhone are connecting to that, forget that network. When both the printer and the iDevice are on the same WiFi network, it should work.

Aug 25, 2015 12:04 PM in response to Ethan7988

Other network?

Are you talking about WI-FI Direct? It is disabled.

I Am assuming (we all know what that means) that if I can see and communicate in the network via browsers from the iPad and iPhone, that they are on the same wireless lan. Fing shows them as being on the same network. Network settings shows the correct IP address as does fing.

Please elaborate on 'switching network'

Th

Aug 25, 2015 12:19 PM in response to DDG21

Yes, WiFi Direct (I am not a printer expert).

At this point, there is nothing else to do. It looks as if it is the printer's or router's issue. The fact that you have two devices with the same results confirms that. If you or someone you know has another AirPrint printer, you can test your iPhone/iPad on that to see if it works.

Aug 28, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Ethan7988

Ethan,

The fix is to enable IPV6 on the printer.

Spent an hour (50 min on hold) with Brother tech support who insisted the problem was Apple.

Apple leads one to your router not supporting Bonjour.

since all was working before the Brother firmware update, all of that was bogus fed to the public by the unknowing tech support ogres.

Found a Faq in the Brother site this morning relating to 'Deep Sleep' that said to enable IPV6.

Seemed logical, but then, what the heck.

thought you might like to know

No AirPrint printers found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.