Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 Overheating Normal Use

Ever since I updated iOS to 8.4.1 iPhone 6+ is overheating at normal use (checking emails, browsing Safari or Twitter). However, phone doesn't overheat when charging or playing music.

I have done all kind of resets and hasn't worked, and I can't now downgraded to 8.4. I went to Apple store today to get it checked but had not booked an appointment, so they didn't look at it. Will have to go again during Walk In time.

I am pretty certain this is software related, anyone having same issue and fixed it?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:00 AM

7 replies

Aug 26, 2015 5:03 PM in response to Antariiksh

I don't know if this will help anyone else, but my phone had lots of issues but this helped:

1. Sign out and then in to the iTunes & Apple Store in the phone settings. Settings > iTunes & App Store (Tap your Apple ID)
  2. Turn off "Show Apple Music". Settings > Show Apple Music (Toggle this to off)

I turned on "Show Apple Music" this morning, and haven't had any issues.

iOS 8.4.1 Overheating Normal Use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.