Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iTunes on Windows 10 PC

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. Now I can't install the latest iTunes update (ver 12.2.2). My current iTunes version (12.2.1) is still running under Windows 10. I have tried both the download & install and download only - then manually install methods to no avail. I keep getting an error message that iTunes encountered a problem and didn't install.

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 9:09 AM

Hi frhyne,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are having trouble updating iTunes to a newer version. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 9:09 AM in response to frhyne

Hi frhyne,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you are having trouble updating iTunes to a newer version. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Cheers

Aug 27, 2015 4:22 PM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

Thanks for the suggestion; however it didn't work in my case. I tried to uninstall iTunes from Windows 10 but I couldn't even get that to function. So, I uninstalled Windows 10 - taking me back to Windows 7. From there I had to uninstall iTunes - which worked. Then I was able to download iTunes. It is now working again under Windows 7.

Updating iTunes on Windows 10 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.