Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Connection through USB-c

New MacBook 12" OS X (10.10.4) and brand new WD 4TB MyBook hard drive.

When I plug directly into the USB-c with a USB -c to USB - 3.0 adapter and go to the hard drive I am not getting a recognized drive. Nothing appears in my devices at all. Finder shows a "remote disc" that cannot be removed even when nothing is connected to the MacBook. The drive is recognized by my old MacBook Pro, so I know the drive is functional.

I have tried through the multi-port adapter as well seeing if the MacBook just needed power at the same time and that did not prove any differently.

Keith

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 9:07 AM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Lanny

When I plug the drive into my older MacBook Pro, the drive shows up in Finder. Command-I and I see that the drive is indeed NTFS. But it is still there.

When I then go to the new MacBook, the light on the front of the drive is going on showing that there is a "connection", but the drive does not appear in either the Finder or in Disk Utility.

Thinking abut formatting to HFS+ using my old Pro and seeing if that can get me connected. I'm running out of ideas here.

No Connection through USB-c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.