Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back-arrow not responding correctly

If I 'google' tires I see 7,000,000 links. If I hit a link to "Car Tires" then a link to "Round Tires", it will take me to that page. When I hit the 'back' arrow, instead of taking me back one page, it opens on a blank page, and if I hit 'reload' then the text or whatever was on the page is back. Safari 8.0.8, specs for my setup below.
Thanks for any suggestions.

PS-I just shut down an hour ago, started while holding Command/R and reinstalled latest version of OS X to reinstall Safari-no help!?!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1333MHz

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 12:15 PM

2 replies

Aug 25, 2015 12:59 PM in response to deltone

Might be a cookies issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, troubleshoot Safari extensions and third part plug-ins.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow all other plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Aug 28, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

thanks, but after trying all of your suggestions, it is still occurring. Specifically, I googled in 'drag race' then clicked the 'video' tab on the top of the drag race page. I clicked on the first video, which was a you tube video. I then clicked the back button, and instead of returning to the prior youtube page, it simply went to a blank page that has the correct address in the address bar, but is blank-void of all data, pics, etc. NOTHING visible. If I then hit the 'refresh' or rather the 'reload' circle in the address bar, or right click and hit 'reload' then the page with the 'drag race' title will come back as usual. Any other clues? I've seen quite a few posts with the same occurring, so maybe we're waiting for the 'boyz' to get a fix on the update list?? Its annoying as can be, but at this time I've got nutting' that seems to fix it. Thanks again for your kind help.
Fred

back-arrow not responding correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.