Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks Author for non Apple devices?

I'm making an e-book to be downloaded from website. I have two questions.

1) Can I use iBooks Author to make an e-book that people without an iPad, iPhone or other Apple product will still be able to download and read?

2) Does the iBook have to be downloaded from the iTunes store or can it be downloaded directly from my website?

Thank you,

Pasquale

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Also have an iPad2

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:18 AM

The normal .ibooks format produced by iBA can only be read on an Apple device. The latest version also provides 2 templates for .epub format, which can normally be read on all platforms. All versions let you export to pdf which can be read on all platforms.

If you create .ibooks format and sell your work, you must distribute via the iBookstore. For other formats and free .ibooks format, you can distribute any way you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 3:18 AM in response to pasqualerose2

The normal .ibooks format produced by iBA can only be read on an Apple device. The latest version also provides 2 templates for .epub format, which can normally be read on all platforms. All versions let you export to pdf which can be read on all platforms.

If you create .ibooks format and sell your work, you must distribute via the iBookstore. For other formats and free .ibooks format, you can distribute any way you want.

ibooks Author for non Apple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.