Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are you not able to control multiple Air Play devices at once from an ipad or iphone like you can from a computer?

I have two Airport Express units connected to two home stereo units, one indoors and one out in my garage. From my laptop I am able to select and control the volume of both devices and have the same music from my itunes streaming through both stereo units. When I try to stream my music from my ipad or iphone, the Airplay feature won't allow multiple devices to be selected at once. If you select one Airport Express, it shuts the other one off. Is it not possible to control and have all Airport Express units play simultaneously through my phone or ipad? I am running current versions of iOS

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Buford1984

Is it not possible to control and have all Airport Express units play simultaneously through my phone or ipad?

Natively, under iOS, no.

However, there are third party apps that convey that ability. Here is one, there may be others, and there are caveats so please read the description and reviews before you buy it:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/multiroom-music-radio-player/id663776918

Are you not able to control multiple Air Play devices at once from an ipad or iphone like you can from a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.