Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 broke my iPhone 6!

Updated my iPhone 6 to 8.4.1. And it has made me angry at Apple for the first time ever!

issues:

Apple Music: Glitchy freezes and not working properly

Safari: doesn't work

Apps: all freezing

Phone: calls dropping

bluetooth: not working properly

anyone else

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 12:04 PM

Have you tried a reset by holding down the power and home buttons for 15 seconds?

27 replies

Aug 25, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Crzyc33

Same happened here. But I mostly noticed it with imessage. I was working fine one minute then the next it was lagging. As in I would type and then it would take seconds for it to register as what I was typing. Sometimes my phone wouldn't respond where I would click. I contacted apple support. They told me to do a reset. I did a complete erase and reset. It worked fine for a day or two. Now the problems are starting up again. I dont want to keep resetting my phone every time it lags!

Aug 26, 2015 5:18 PM in response to dugniv

No. The Update did not break your devices, it was most likely nt installed properly and the other systems and apps on the devices are not fully up to date.

What you need to do is go ahead and restore your device from iTunes, Set it up as New! (yes, you will lose your content but it is a necessary step)

Once you do this, it should be working just fine.

If, for some reason, your devices still are not working properly, then you have a hardware issue and at that point I recommend you go into your local Apple Retail store (Make an appointment. seriously) and they should be able to give you your options there.

Aug 26, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Alejandro_from_Bend

I Know how to do an iOS update so you can't say I'd didby install it properly. To have to lose all my data because of this is absolute crap. It's not hardware either as I just had my phone replaced for a faulty camera. I doubt Apple will release a 8.4.2 to REALLY fix all these issues so I guess I have no choice but to lose all the data I've worked hard to track And start new. Please don't say I didn't install my update properly...this isn't my first rodeo

Aug 26, 2015 9:28 PM in response to Crzyc33

Crzyc33 wrote:

It's not hardware either as I just had my phone replaced for a faulty camera.

I believe this actually increases the chance you have a hardware issue. Presumably your iPhone was replaced with a refurbished iPhone - at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center.

If that is true, your replacement should be warrantied. Take the iPhone back to where the replacement was done and ask them to check it out.

Aug 27, 2015 6:53 AM in response to Crzyc33

Yes I absolutely agree with this.

this update is the most terrible. I've had iphones since Iphone 3s, and never encountered issues like this as far as I remember.

I've tried fully restore to factory, soft, hard restart you name it. Still having issues especially with un able to click links through the native mail app. Google mail app works though.

its like this update supposed to fix more bugs but instead it created more bug babies. go figure.

Apple please fix it with the next update! =,=

Sep 1, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Crzyc33

I'm so glad to find other people having my issues. It means I'm not crazy! I can't play Apple Music, download apps, access certain settings, and my podcast app crashes all the time! I've tried resetting/restoring and, when it doesn't cause my phone to freeze, it only works for ten minutes or so! I'm gritting my teeth and baring it becasue IOS 9 is around the corner but, sheesh! This is atrocious.

Device: iPhone 6

iOS 8.4.1 broke my iPhone 6!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.