Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do all events share the same work timeline?

Hi, I'm using iMovie 10.0.5.

I have a question that seems simple enough but I haven't had any luck google searching for answers. Maybe my phrasing is wrong.

It seems like all of the Events I create share the same work timeline, ie the place where I drag and drop my various clips, transitions, sound files, etc to assemble a clip for export.

If I start a new Event, I need to delete all of the elements from the previous Event from the work timeline. Is this correct?

When I start a new Event, is it possible to save all of those elements I'm working on from the old Event? Not the stuff that's been imported to work with, but the actual assemblage of clips, transitions, etc that I'm working on for that specific Event?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:08 PM

2 replies

Aug 26, 2015 7:34 AM in response to serpico009

The answer to my question is simple. I do not believe I have read a single online resource thhat states the following clearly.

After highlighting an Event, you need to create a new movie and save it to the highlighted event. You can create and save multiple Movies to a single event. These movies will all share the same imported resources (clips, still images, audio files, etc) but each will have it's own project pane/workspace.

Do all events share the same work timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.