Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3.2 is out

FYI

MainStage 3.2 release notes - Apple Support

Enjoy

CCT

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:02 PM

7 replies

Aug 25, 2015 8:17 PM in response to CCTM

Cool! =:-)

I've downloaded it, but every time I start it it starts gobbling up my rather limited internet bandwidth. And it doesn't say how much it's going to use. =:-(

I've unplugged the internet connection but now I can't start MainStage at all.

How many GB is the "essential content" that MainStage insists on downloading before you can use it?

Or, is there a way to start the app without this "essential content" and download it later? i.e. bit by by as my monthly bandwidth allows.

Aug 25, 2015 9:13 PM in response to Des Gusting

I think it's over 2GB... and yes you need it... hence the word 'Essential' ;-). Seriously though, since some of the templates required samples, reverb impulses, etc. this content is needed. If it wasn't enforced forums would likely be filled with comments like 'all I hear is sine tones instead of a piano', for example.

Aug 26, 2015 2:29 AM in response to aerol

Thanks for your response, Aerol.

Unfortunately, though, it still doesn't help. "Over 2 GB" would be OK if it were 2.1GB but NOT if it were 5, or 10 or 20.

Can't say I agree about what's "essential", either, as there are *plenty* of things you can do in MainStage without samples or reverb impulses.

Suggestions for how Apple could've done this in a FAR more user-friendly way:

- Tell us how many GB of data are about to be forcibly downloaded

- Allow us to open MainStage without this supposedly "essential" content

- Allow us to download it later, bit by bit.

- Warn us every time we open MainStage that the "essential" content hasn't been downloaded yet.

This morning MainStage 3.1 worked fine, complete with all samples and reverb impulses, etc. Now I can't even open MainStage 3.2 and version 3.1 is gone. (Thank God for Time Machine backups!) I don't know if I'll ever be able to download the "essential" content and, therefore, be able to open MainStage 3.2 without changing to a more expensive ISP plan.

I'd call that an inconsiderate and inane usability DISASTER! :-(

Aug 30, 2015 4:09 AM in response to keeverw

Thanks very much, keeverw! :-)

You may be pleased to know that the info you just provided is FAR more useful than the crippling show-stopping silence provided by Apple. I was succesfully able to use Time Machine to revert to MainStage 3.1.1, but I haven't been able to open Logic because of a sudden lack of content. Amazingly bad form from Apple! :-(

2.7 GB is do-able for me, so thanks again.

MainStage 3.2 is out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.