Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks and Podcasts Crashing or Failing to Launch

I have recently had a great deal of trouble with both iBooks and Podcasts either freezing or crashing (Podcasts), or failing to launch at all (iBooks). Re-starts seem to help only temporarily. Software is up-to-date and there is a TON of memory free (50GB+). Any ideas what might be causing this?

-Brad

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:21 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 12:58 AM in response to bagantt

Brad, I do have exactly the same problem here. I found this post from MrsMike921. It really solved the problem ... for a day. Then problems were back. :-(

Right now, I have no idea what to do.

-Benjamin

MrsMike921

Oct 11,2014 7:26 AM

Re: ibooks crashing after iOS 8.0.2 install in response to smh3000

I Had the same issue, got a senior tech support guy named Will on the phone, dude is a genius. Here is what he had me do, no issues since.

go to your settings, and first go to Safari and delete your history by scrolling down to "clear history and website data". Then go to the advanced settings and select "'website data". It should show 0 bytes. If not, clear again.

next go to iTunes and App Store in settings, and touch your Apple ID, the select sign out.

AFter you you sign out of your ID, restart your iPad by holding down the power button and home key simultaneously until you see the apple logo after the restart.

when you are powered up, go to iBooks. You should get a message that you need to sign in to sync up your books. Sign in, and that should do it.

apparently what happens is there are two things, somehow safari history affects their native apps like iBooks and iTunes, and second, iBooks gets out of sync. You can't delete the app anymore, so you have to clear safari then reset iBooks in that order.

good luck, and if you can't make it work, tell them you want Will, the senior advisor in the mountain time zone to help. Sorry, don't have a last namel beth

iBooks and Podcasts Crashing or Failing to Launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.