Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I send a gift using credit from a gift card and not from, for example, my debit card?

I have credit in my account from a redeemed iTunes gift card and I would like to send a gift to someone using it, as I would not like to add my debit card details to iTunes, is this possible or can I not use this credit for gifts?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 1:40 PM

2 replies

Aug 25, 2015 1:43 PM in response to tojomoloko

No.

iTunes: Sending iTunes Gifts - http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201783 - "Learn how to send iTunes Gifts in the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store. In the iTunes Store, you can gift a dollar amount or books, audiobooks, music, movies, TV shows, or apps from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, or PC."

"When you purchase an iTunes Gift, you must have a valid credit card on file; you can't purchase an iTunes Gift with store credit. If you're using Family Sharing and Ask To Buy is enabled on your account, you can't purchase gifts. You can't redeem purchased gifts outside of the country of purchase. For example, an iTunes Gift purchased in France can't be redeemed in an iTunes Store outside of France. You can contact Apple Support to cancel an iTunes Gift up to two days before scheduled delivery."

Can I send a gift using credit from a gift card and not from, for example, my debit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.