Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus screen flickering and unresponsive

Using iOS 8.4.1, brand new iPhone 6 Plus 64GB. Screen is unresponsive and flickering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-GraK9SGP0

Would appreciate any help troubleshooting this. Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 3:34 PM

10 replies

May 9, 2017 1:26 PM in response to raytorresan

hey I have your problem solved!! so basically my phone started doing that after a hard smack on the side, which meant that I broke the censor or whatever it was that lets my fingers function on the screen, now the censors or whatever isn't broken, it is disconnected from the phone.

so what you need to do is hold on the right end corner of the phone and hold on the left top corner with your thumbs and hand in a pressure push position, and kind of bend it to both sides until the flickering is gone which means the censor or whatever is connected again inside the phone!!

now if you cant afford a new phone or you're not bothered togo to the store and get a new phone then you can keep doing this, BUT if you drop it again it gets worse, and if you keep bending the phone it will get worse,

the side effects are:

the antenna breaking XD!.

camera damage!!

so the antenna breaks, or malfunctions. so what you have todo is either keep refreshing with airplane mode, OR turn off and on the phone and what I mean is your phone can not reach service, don't worry your SIM cards still works.

now after this starts to happen the phone gets worse, but this is after a year of flickering and bending. or earlier if you keep dropping the phone.

now the phone starts acting by itself and presses buttons you didn't press so when this happens make sure you lock the phone quickly before you call people and you cant end the call because you phone is flickering too much XD

and don't worry about the screen, get panserglass protection on your screen and it will keep it safe by breaking itself instead of the phone.

now after the phone stops getting service and after bending it doesn't work, get a new one, cause the stores cant get your censor or whatever fixed, you will need a new phone XD. oh and btw, your camera is probably really damaged as well and doesn't focus. that reason I think just blends in with the malfunction of the screen. and dont worry when you bend the screen and you hear a sound of cracking, you're just connecting the censor to the screen and that's the sound XD good luck!!

hope it helps.

Aug 27, 2015 10:40 AM in response to raytorresan

Hi raytorresan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it looks like the top of the screen is flickering and the rest becomes unresponsive. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Have a good one

Sep 16, 2015 3:54 PM in response to raytorresan

Same issue here with my iPhone 6Plus. Just bought it in June and heading to apple tomorrow. Sometimes the touch doesn't work. Sometimes the phone seems jump around on its on from screen to screen. very weird. Reset. Rebooted. Nada. Its frustrating that there are tons of issues with this and the typical response is : reboot. restore. restart. For this price, its so disappointing.

Mar 6, 2016 2:03 PM in response to azharleygirl11

Mine is doing the same exact thing after 6 months. The issue started out of nowhere and made the phone useless. I went to the Cumberland Mall apple store and they swapped it out with a "new" one. ONE DAY LATER the replacement phone is now doing the exact same thing.

iPhone 6 Plus screen flickering and unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.