Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden, my IPod isn't recognized by ITunes...

I have been using my Nano (2006) for years, now ITunes doesn't find it even though I see it come up on ITunes. I checked Device Mgr, it is there, but there are two different places, under Portable Devices, and Disk Drives. Even though it shows in ITunes, I can't use, as all the music is in "light" words, not black. Have been doing much searching for answers, and nothing! Also, tried to reformat, but again, ITunes doesn't see it? Now what? Anyone have this problem and an answer, I would greatly appreciate. Very frustrated at this point.

Thanks if you can help😟

iPod nano, Windows 7, Lates ITunes installed

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:09 AM

Howdy Dfstev4,

If you are having an issue with your iPod nano not being recognized by iTunes when connected to your Windows computer, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article - iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 10:59 AM in response to Brett L

I Have already been to these sites...no help! I believe when I updated ITunes is when it happened. Been using IPod Nano for 9 years and now I can't even restore it, because it is NOT seen by ITunes. Why?? Apple needs to give better help for this problem, as I see many people are encountering same. Maybe they just want me to purchase a new one!

😕

Aug 30, 2015 5:34 PM in response to fromhubbard

HI, not yet. I tried putting it in "disk mode", that doesn't work either. I am with you, I won't pay Tech to give me an answer...they should have an answer for "free." I am going to check it in my son's computer and see if his will recognize. Then possibly it is some hardware problem, maybe? Very frustrating!! Did you update ITunes too?

All of a sudden, my IPod isn't recognized by ITunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.