Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone iMessages on Mac

I do not want my text messages from my iPhone to appear on my Mac Book. How do I do this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 2:58 PM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2015 1:27 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

Just a note.

There is no "iCloud" account unless you use an Apple ID as an AIM valid Screen Name and call it iCloud. (I have a partial Name shown in the pic below)

The iMessages account can be any Apple ID.

If you go to System Preferences > Internet Accounts > iCloud there is no tick box for any of the apps that can use an Apple ID - when they don't have to be linked to iCloud.

That means the App Store, iTunes, FaceTime, Messages amongst others.

If you are using different Apple IDs for some of these it does pay to link some in pairs.

App Store and iTunes so they can use the same "Money pot"

Messages and FaceTime as Messages invokes FaceTime to do Video and Audio chats from the iMessages account.

The Question is about Text Messages

I do not want my text messages from my iPhone to appear on my Mac Book.

Not about turning of the Sync between iPhone and Mac (Also better done at the iPhone end by removing the Apple ID but deselecting the iPhone Number on the Mac will help until the sync breaks down)

User uploaded file

Your answer stops the iMessages account (if that is what you actually meant) form receiving iMessages and not just Text (SMS) Messages.

User uploaded file

9:27 p.m. Friday; August 28, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iphone iMessages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.