Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've not been able to update any podcasts since 31 July at 22:18

I cannot get the native podcasts app to update any podcasts and display unplayed (or any) episodes. When i refresh the Unplayed list it updates the 'Last Updated' time and date, but does not show any episodes. When i go to specific subscribed shows within My Podcasts and refresh the unplayed list, it reads, on all podcasts, "Last Refresh: 31 July at 22:18". It continually 'refreshes', but never updates. If i refresh the Feed tab it shows a list of episodes, but nothing since the 31st of July.

I have tried soft resetting my phone.

I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to a few podcasts.

I have tried turning off my iCloud account on my device and turning it back on.

I have tried changing the settings to sort episodes Oldest to Newest, and vice-versa etc.

I cannot delete and reinstall the podcasts app.

The latest podcasts are available on my Mac, as expected with no issues.

I don't know whether this is a syncing issue, or what?!

Note: I am running the latest iOS 9 public beta, on an iPhone 5s. Initially, i assumed this might be the cause of the problem, but it's been an issue on a couple of versions of the beta now and i've not seen any other mentions of this issue. I believe it is unrelated.

If anyone has any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Podcasts are my favourite form of entertainment, particularly on the go, and there is an ever-growing list of episodes i can't access!

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5s, Other OS, iOS 9 (13A4325c)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:09 AM

It seems as though something changed on Apple's side a few days ago and for many users it's causing a whole host of pretty big issues, crashing/unresponsive podcast app just being one of the many. That doesn't really explain why you've been having issues since July 31st though, even though your symptoms are similar to what people are having this week. My hope was that iOS 9 would resolve these issues, but it seems as though that isn't going to be the case so our only hope is that enough people are having issues (and reporting them to Apple) for them to undo whatever catastrophic change they made. The issue seems to be more complicated as clearly it isn't 'everyone' that is affected otherwise it would be front page news on all the Apple blogs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 1:09 AM in response to ChipZip67

It seems as though something changed on Apple's side a few days ago and for many users it's causing a whole host of pretty big issues, crashing/unresponsive podcast app just being one of the many. That doesn't really explain why you've been having issues since July 31st though, even though your symptoms are similar to what people are having this week. My hope was that iOS 9 would resolve these issues, but it seems as though that isn't going to be the case so our only hope is that enough people are having issues (and reporting them to Apple) for them to undo whatever catastrophic change they made. The issue seems to be more complicated as clearly it isn't 'everyone' that is affected otherwise it would be front page news on all the Apple blogs.

Aug 28, 2015 9:50 AM in response to ChipZip67

Within the past week, the Podcast app has become completely unusable for me. I've tried soft-resetting, I've shut down and re-started, I've deleted every single podcast, I've shut down every single subscription and tried to start over - nothing works at all.

Right now, the app is completely unresponsive. It takes some finagling just to get it to close down.

I hope Apple un-does whatever it did to cause this mess - and soon!

I've not been able to update any podcasts since 31 July at 22:18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.