Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes keeps asking to accept terms and conditions

Opened itunes on my computer and it keeps asking me to accept terms and conditions. Noticed that all my apple music downloads are gone as well. I also have to keep signing in. Should I uninstall or is there a way to fix this?

Windows 10

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 4:39 PM

12 replies

Aug 25, 2015 5:34 PM in response to Tanyab87

Since downloading iTunes 12.2.2, I get the same thing--not every time, but almost--it asks me to accept the EULA. Annoying, but ok if it were just that--but it also now thinks that my iPhone 6 is sync'd with a different device, and iTunes loses the settings for syncing info (calendar, contacts, notes) each time so asks if I want to merge info. My purchased music seems fine; I don't use Apple Music. Using Windows 8.

Aug 26, 2015 5:49 PM in response to JanelleB

Janelle just to update you. I had to uninstall and when I when to preferences I saw that Icloud music library had been unchecked. When I checked it all my apple music came back(just including this part for anyone who's itunes did the same.) Anyway after that everything is just the way it was and it didn't ask me to accept terms again.

Sep 3, 2015 1:25 PM in response to jchawkless

Yes. McAfee seems to be causing issue. Try disabling it temporarily, then open iTunes, close and reopen to see if the problem stops. You may be able to exclude the main iTunes.exe file from real time scanning, or Apple folder is C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local and C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming. Or uninstall McAfee and switch to Microsoft Security Essentials.

tt2

Sep 4, 2015 11:16 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks turingtest2. That seems to have helped the EULA issue but I'm now having problems syncing calendars; I keep getting a "could not sync calendars because the iPhone disconnected" message even though it didn't. A search on this error only turns up stuff from 2011 and 2009. Can't imagine how McAfee would be interfering with this issue but I've restarted, reconnected the iPhone, and restarted Outlook 2010 (which is what I'm syncing with) multiple times each to no avail. Any thoughts? I may post a new question too...

Sep 4, 2015 1:43 PM in response to JanelleB

JanelleB wrote:

Thanks turingtest2. That seems to have helped the EULA issue but I'm now having problems syncing calendars; I keep getting a "could not sync calendars because the iPhone disconnected" message even though it didn't. A search on this error only turns up stuff from 2011 and 2009. Can't imagine how McAfee would be interfering with this issue but I've restarted, reconnected the iPhone, and restarted Outlook 2010 (which is what I'm syncing with) multiple times each to no avail. Any thoughts? I may post a new question too...

Any change in behaviour if you disable McAfee first? My devices sync with Exchange so I'm not that familiar with syncing to Outlook.

tt2

Sep 4, 2015 1:49 PM in response to turingtest2

Not that I can tell--it started doing it while McAfee was off and continued after it was turned back on (but real-time scanning was off). It has done it a time or two in the past but it was usually associated with a single corrupt entry. That doesn't seem to be the case now. I was able to get it to sync if I checked the "Do not sync items older than..." button, which I'm not thrilled about, but I upped the number of days so it is a livable solution. Thanks!

Itunes keeps asking to accept terms and conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.