Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 activation error though it's activated?

okay, so I use tracfone (I don't use a phone that often but I do use it enough to where I don't want to be using any old phone 👿)

someone in my family was on verizion and upgraded to the iphone 6 and they recently had it to where you could bring 4G LTE phones in. great. I do, I get a sim from them and everything...kinda is working?

I'm getting service, can send and recieve calls fine though it's saying my phone's not activated?

User uploaded file

whenever I restart the phone it takes a few minutes before the phone can recieve service, when I do I get that message :/

messaging is also very random. I can sometimes send messages and sometimes I can't. I can't recieve any text messages though I did recieve a group SMS message?

I've tried contacting Tracfone about 7-8 times about this issue it's always a "yes this phone is active on our end, please turn the device on and off"

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 5:57 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2016 1:41 PM in response to KiltedTim

I had a similar though not identical problem. Target stores have been selling the Tracfone iPhone 5s for sometime now. However Tracfone activation was a big problem. They claimed the phone was activated in their system. However, a pop up message that said "phone not activated, contact your carrier at the Tracfone 800 number provided" onscreen appeared every time I turned the phone on. No calls could be made or received. After five calls to Tracfone service, six hours of my time, and a lot of conflicting information from Tracfone reps, it was pretty apparent they didn't have a clue as to how to fix this. Finally, they claimed the phone was defective. Fortunately, I was able to return it to Target.

iphone 5 activation error though it's activated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.