Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most of my iTunes library is gone.

I logged into iTunes today and my library only seems to consist of songs that I bought on iTunes. The thousand other songs that have always been in my library (as recently as this weekend) imported from CD's are now gone, at least I don't see them. Has this ever happened to anyone? Incidentally, they still all appear on my iPad and iPhone. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Matt

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 5:39 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 6:17 AM in response to matthewfromlinwood

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you're only seeing songs that you purchased from the iTunes Store in your iTunes library. Have you recently enabled iCloud Music Library with Apple Music on your iOS devices? If so you will need to then enable iCloud Music Library on your Windows PC as well.

On your Mac or PC:

1. Make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences and turn on iCloud Music Library.
    Windows: Press Control + B on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar. Choose iTunes > Preferences, and turn on iCloud Music Library.
  3. If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library.* If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library.

*When you choose Merge, songs on your device that are in the Apple Music catalog become instantly available to access on your other devices. On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, songs that we can’t match are shown on your other devices. But you won’t be able to play them on your other devices until you upload them from your Mac or PC with iTunes.

Check your Apple Music library settings - Apple Support

Take care.

Most of my iTunes library is gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.