Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Animation in paragraph

Hello.

My question has to do with animation of a paragraph of text. In the last version of Keynote (6.5.3), you are able to show multiple lines within a paragraph together, using the "with previous" option. To be explicit, let's say I have 5 lines within the paragraph of text, and I want lines 1 & 2 to show up together and 3, 4, and 5 to show up one at a time. In the last version, I am able to select the paragraph, choose "by paragraph" and then select "on click" for line 1, "with previous" for line 2, "on click" for lines 3, 4, & 5. But in the current version of Keynote, it seems that the only two options are "on click" or "after previous". Does anyone know if the "with previous" option still exists somewhere?

Thanks,

Irene

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:03 AM

In the last version of Keynote (6.5.3),

But in the current version of Keynote

The current version of Keynote, as of today, is still 6.5.3

You are however correct that "with previous" is not included.

The workaround is to include a new line command at the end of line 1, instead of a new paragraph command.

The new line command is: shift return, the new paragraph command is: return.

The screen shot below shows the new line command in line 1, the new paragraph commands are shown in lines 2 , 3 and 4

The build order list does not show line 2 as line 1 and line 2 are combined in a single paragraph.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2015 3:03 AM in response to eyepecan

In the last version of Keynote (6.5.3),

But in the current version of Keynote

The current version of Keynote, as of today, is still 6.5.3

You are however correct that "with previous" is not included.

The workaround is to include a new line command at the end of line 1, instead of a new paragraph command.

The new line command is: shift return, the new paragraph command is: return.

The screen shot below shows the new line command in line 1, the new paragraph commands are shown in lines 2 , 3 and 4

The build order list does not show line 2 as line 1 and line 2 are combined in a single paragraph.

User uploaded file

Animation in paragraph

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.