Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad maps, Google Earth, shows an incorrect location

I'm in California, but my iPad (maps, Google Earth) thinks I'm in Scotland. My iPhone and my husband's iPad maps show the correct location, so I don't think it can be the router or modem. I don't know what gives with the iPad. Weirdly, my old iPad showed the same incorrect locations (in Scotland!) as my new one. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 8:14 PM

If you had another iPad that showed this incorrect location and restored the new iPad from a backup of the old one, it would lead me to believe there is something in the backup file that is causing this. What troubleshooting have you tried? If you make a good backup of the device and then restore the device as new, test without adding any additional content to the device. See if that corrects the issue. If not, you can restore to your old backup. If it does, then restore to the old backup. If it breaks it again, then the problem is in the backup, and you would need to sync your content back individually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2015 8:14 PM in response to cgb

If you had another iPad that showed this incorrect location and restored the new iPad from a backup of the old one, it would lead me to believe there is something in the backup file that is causing this. What troubleshooting have you tried? If you make a good backup of the device and then restore the device as new, test without adding any additional content to the device. See if that corrects the issue. If not, you can restore to your old backup. If it does, then restore to the old backup. If it breaks it again, then the problem is in the backup, and you would need to sync your content back individually.

IPad maps, Google Earth, shows an incorrect location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.