Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect wifi password

This morning my iPad 4 stopped connecting to my wifi. When I type my password, it says the wifi password is incorrect, but it's not. The password is working fine on my iPhone 5c.

I Have tried connecting to multiple networks, resetting the network settings, rebooting, forgetting the network, and turning location services off for wifi, all with no success.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this? I pretty much can't use anything on my iPad without network connectivity. It just randomly started doing this.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 8:52 PM

8 replies

Aug 30, 2015 2:03 AM in response to A toth

of cause passwords are case sensitive

and maybe one device auto cap the first letter and the other don't or something along those lines

one thing one can do if one has an airport (apple router) is use the free Airport utility

in there on the router one choose Edit->Advanced->Show Passwords

another thing can be if the router is dual band so it has both a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz network then the working device could be using one band and the non working device could be using the other which had not been setup the same way

Aug 30, 2015 8:08 AM in response to MirandaNoelle

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I tried all of those and nothing has helped.

There was a time where I was able to connect to my network after pressing the WPS button on the router and connecting. However, that lasted about five minutes and from that point on, any time I was actually able to connect (with or without my password), my iPad states I have no internet connection even though I am successfully connected to the actual network.

I Am currently waiting for a friend to take a try at it. If he is unsuccessful I have to take it to the Apple Store. Not looking forward to that since I am out of warranty.

Incorrect wifi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.