Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoro: photos cannot be opened or copied

Hi, I have spent hours trying all the suggestions I could find here, including holding Alt-Cmd when launching iPhotos and downloading the iPhoto Library Manager, with no success... My iPhoto version is 9.6 (9.10.29).

In my Events folder, some photos that I tried to copy to a separate Finder folder now will not open. They display normally on the Events screen, but as soon as I double-click on them I get a warning triangle with exclamation mark.

They appear to be flagged, and I have tried to unflag them, but my Flagged list shows zero. (BTW all the photos in that Event show a grey flag, but the others are behaving normally.)

When I try to copy and paste them elsewhere, I get the message"

"The items on the Clipboard can't be pasted to this location. One or more of the items may have been deleted or are no longer available."

Yet they are not in the Trash, nor do they appear in a Finder search.

These photos are very dear to me and I would appreciate any help to retrieve them. Thank you.

Mac OS X, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:11 AM

3 replies

Aug 26, 2015 11:30 AM in response to giri777

the ! indicates a disconnect between the thumbnail and the original - this can be caused by two things

1 - library corruption which is cured by repairing permissions and rebuilding the database - you have done this without success - what exactly were the results of the IPLM rebuild? What errors did it get? what is the status of these problem photos in the new library?

2 - user actions deleting or moving the original photos. Since rebuilding did not work this is the most likely (although with out the details on the IPLM rebuild it is not conclusive) - if this is the case then restoring your library before you destroyed your library is the only solution (Have you "cleaned up" your Mac yourself or run clean up software like CeanMyMac or MacKeeper - HINT - DO NOT USE these programs on your Mac - they are Malwear and cause many problems - seeDo not install MacKeeper )

Based on not seeing these photos in a finder search also points to #2

LN

Aug 29, 2015 8:34 AM in response to giri777

To be on the safe side and to make sure you've found all of the CleanMyMac files download and runFind Any File to search for any files with the application's name and the developer's name in the file name. For CleanMyMac you'd do two searches:

1 - Name contains cleanmymac

2 - Name contains macpaw

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.

User uploaded file

iPhoro: photos cannot be opened or copied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.