Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 mail app will not open

My mail app on my Ipad stopped working yesterday. The icon at the bottom of my home screen is keeping track of my new e-mails, but when I tap it to open it, the issues begin. It opens to the icons (forward, write a new e-mail, etc) at the top of the page, with a blank screen. It stays that way about 15 seconds, then the screen turns black for a few moment, then goes back to the home screen. I have tried deleting and re-adding both e-mail accounts (hotmail and msn),. The first time I attempted to re-add outlook (hotmail) it didn't work, then I tried to just add it as hotmail (without outlook) and it said I needed to get something from microsoft.live.com (or something like that). Third times a charm,it added in outlook. I also restarted the ipad, and reset it (in the general settings) and nothing seems to work. If it weren't counting the incoming e-mails, I would saying it might not be communicating, but, it is.. Any ideas what to do next.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 8:54 PM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 8:04 AM in response to tlcobos

Greetings tlcobos,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that the Mail app on your iPad 2 is no longer opening and functioning the way you would expect. I also realize that you have done some great troubleshooting but the issue with Mail continues.

To further troubleshoot, I would like to take a step back from the good troubleshooting that you have already completed and start by forcing Mail to close completely. To complete this task, please follow the instructions in the attached article below.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

Once Mail has been closed, the next step I would like you to complete is a restart. Instructions for restarting your iPad are located in the next article.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Please test Mail after the restart and let us know if the issue continues.

Cheers

Ipad 2 mail app will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.