Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Airplay on AppleTV when using iPhone or MBP when using ethernet

I have just moved.

I have my cable modem attached to my TP Link C8 Router. The router uses the ethernet cable to attach directly to my ATV. I am now able to access all of my ATV options just fine, but unable to use Airplay on the iPhone or MBP. It doesn't show up as an option on my iPhone and the MBP does not connect when I attempt to do so

HELP

I would like to keep the ATV plugged directly in to preserve bandwidth, but it now limits my Airplay options

iPhone 5, iOS 8, 32 GB

Posted on Aug 25, 2015 11:53 PM

11 replies

Aug 26, 2015 12:29 PM in response to gharakh

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

No Airplay on AppleTV when using iPhone or MBP when using ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.