Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant accept a license agreement

Hi

Last year a small zone at the very left bottom corner of my touch screen was inactive (touch didn't work there). I was ok with that until today. I updated my iOS up to 8.4.1 version and now i cant accept the license agreement. 'Agree' button is situated right in that inactive zone. I tried to recover iPad from iTunes, but it asks to turn off 'Find the iphone'. I can't do that, obviously. So I tried to recover with recovery mode, but it seems useless. Same screen there, same issue.

So, is there any way to get round this screen? Accept it from itunes? Or any ideas what I can do

Thank you
Best regards

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 12:12 AM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 9:49 AM in response to charmyolo

Hi charmyolo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like a portion of the touch screen is not responding to touch. That is preventing you from updating, and a restore won't work because you can't remove Find My iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help turn off that feature so you can restore the device and try to correct the issue with the screen.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com on another computer.

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

Cheers

Aug 27, 2015 12:00 PM in response to charmyolo

You can try using voiceover…

Use Accessibility features in iOS - Apple Support

Triple click home to enable it.

Swipe left & right to move to a new UI element.

Double tap will activate the element (normally a single tap).

Triple click home, swipe, double 'voiceover' tap to disable voiceover.

See the manual around page 130 onwards…

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1595/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Personally I think you may be better off backing up & taking it for a replacement or repair see if an Apple store can help, otherwise third parties also do screen replacements if you are willing to accept it voids your Apple warranty (if it hasn't already expired).

cant accept a license agreement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.