Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail.app doesn't sync mails

Hi,

I have some mails in my mail server which is not synchronising with Mail.app. When I check mail through web mail, I can see all emails, but some of them don't appear in Mail.app.

My email account is IMAP and I checked setting in Mail.app it was also sets to IMAP.

When I check same mailbox from my iPhone, I can see all email like webmail. Only my MacAir have this problem.

Any suggestion!!!!!???????

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:08 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 2:50 PM in response to Nima.Sharifi

Howdy Nima.Sharifi,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you're not seeing the entire list of emails in the Mail application on your Mac, while you can see them in webmail and on your iPhone. To start troubleshooting this issue I suggest going through the steps outlined below.

If messages seem to be missing from mailboxes, try these suggestions.

If you use more than one email account in Mail, make sure you’re looking at messages for the correct account.

If you sorted messages, they may be in the list but not in the order you expect.

If you use rules, they may have moved messages to other mailboxes. Try searching for the messages.

Quit Mail, then reopen it.

If the problem persists, you may need to rebuild a mailbox.

If messages aren’t displayed or appear incorrect

Mail (Yosemite): If messages appear to be missing

Have a good one.

mail.app doesn't sync mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.