Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth driver on windows 10 not working

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of the boot camp drivers (6) in Windows 10, however the only thing not working now is my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.

It notes 'driver error' when I try to connect (it finds the device fine)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Other OS, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 1:34 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2015 2:03 AM in response to antcaladine

Partially, by using the standard windows bluetooth drivers instead of the Apple one, but you'll lose some functionality (fn+backspace for delete, etc), I've posted the question + my answer here:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/200703/bluetooth-keyboard-not-working-a fter-update-to-windows-10

In the device manager, uninstall the following drivers and then restart your computer:

• Keyboards\Apple Keyboard (only the one with the warning sign, the other one is your macbook keyboard)
  • Bluetooth\Device Identification Service
  • Bluetooth\ xxx's Keyboard
  • Bluetooth\Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
  • Bluetooth\Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Not sure if uninstalling all those devices is necessary, but this worked for me (only uninstalling the keyboard driver wasn't enough for me).

Update: This just reverts to the standard Windows Bluetooth drivers, unfortunately some things are not available (like fn+backspace for delete, fn+down/up for pgdown/pgup)

Oct 30, 2015 11:51 PM in response to wtijsma

Now that Apple has been pure bull crap lately, and today with the new Keyboard driver on Bootcamp they broke again the connection for my keyboard under Windows 10 and it might break yours too.

So after using the solution above for the last couple of months (thank you) I decided to find a better solution to be able to use the Fn button and all the volume and multimedia functions of the Apple keyboard, here is what you need to do:

1. You need the Apple Keyboard driver that comes in the Bootcamp 5, you can either download the full pack from Apple (version 5.1.5621 works), or download only the keyboard driver from my dropbox (64bit windows only):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jexvjcg2zlmjg3e/AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe?dl=1

- If you downloaded the file above proceed to step 4.

2. Unzip the BootCamp 5 pack

3. Navigate to the unzipped folder and go to BootCamp/Drivers/Apple

4. Run AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe

5. It will tell you that it's installed, but it won't work yet.

6. Open Device Manager and go to 'Human Interface Devices', right click Apple Keyboard and select "Update Driver Software"

7. Click 'Browse my computer for driver software', then 'Let me pick a list of device drivers on my computer'

8. Select the Apple Keyboard version 5 that you just installed (NOT the newest version 6).

Profit!

Bluetooth driver on windows 10 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.