Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to bookmark where I left off on my audiobook?

I am looking to bookmark where I stop reading during an audiobook on my iPod Shuffle?

iPod shuffle (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 4:31 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 7:25 AM in response to shawna44

Hello shawna44,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you have questions concerning bookmarking audiobooks on your iPod. For help with bookmarking your audiobooks, please take a look at the information outlined below.

Bookmarks

iPod shuffle allows you to bookmark audiobooks purchased from Audible.com (files with a .aa extension) and the iTunes Store (files with a .M4B extension). If you stop or pause one of these spoken word files, iPod shuffle will automatically bookmark that spot. The next time you play that file, it will start playing from the bookmarked spot.

Bookmarks sync to and from iTunes, meaning you can listen to an audiobook on iPod shuffle or in iTunes from where you last stopped listening. The bookmarked spot that is further along, whether in iPod shuffle or iTunes, becomes the effective bookmark.

To force iTunes to set the bookmark, play an audiobook in iTunes, play another song in iTunes, and then update iPod shuffle.

Bookmarks are not available for audiobooks or spoken word files in any other file format (such as MP3) than the two formats mentioned.

iPod shuffle: Playing audiobooks and podcasts - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Is there a way to bookmark where I left off on my audiobook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.