Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I plug in my earbuds, the keyboard makes a static sound when pressing keys. Is there a way to stop all this?

I still have an Ipad 2 and it has been working wonders ever since 2012. Without the earbuds, the sound of the keyboard clicking is normal and fine. However, when I plug them in, they make a static sort of noise that my ears doesn't like. Are there any solutions to this problem?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 3:22 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 9:49 AM in response to System32.EXE

Hello there,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're hearing static when a certain sound is played on your iPad, then your volume might be turned up too high on your iPad, and you are hearing feedback from the headphones. Try lowering the volume on the iPad and check if you hear any difference.

Volume buttons and the Side Switch - iPad User Guide

Take care.

Whenever I plug in my earbuds, the keyboard makes a static sound when pressing keys. Is there a way to stop all this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.